06-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Hey nice review! Also nice license plate, wheels, and wrap job on the cp. Heard about this turbo kit before it was available for our cars. Did you have to relocate the water pump? Also those welds on the DP probably aren't a concern, although it might crack in a couple years. Lots of undercut.
Thanks for the compliments; the CP wrap was a "hey I have some extra heat tape here...where can I put it effectively." thought. Not a huge fan of how the step transition came out but intake temps didn't completely heat soak last track day so I'm calling it a win ha.

Waterpump "relocation" was a small extended bracket for the front of the block and had to move the pump 1 bolt hole towards the front of the car. So you lose one of the two hidden bolts on the top of the pump but between the other two bolts and the stiff hoses holding it I couldn't rock it or tilt it much after install. Confident in it being secure.

And as far as downpipe; I previously had an AR Design 4" catless. I was really impressed with the quality of that one however going back to a 3" pipe increases velocity and a bit of sound so I'm happy with it. The kit still uses a 3" V-band clamp for turbo to downpipe connection so if I ever do run into issues I have options other than Speedtech (if I wanted/needed to go that way) I would more than likely just contact the manufacturer and ask to purchase separately though. It has a good fit and the flex pipe is rigid

Last edited by c_ozanich; 06-27-2018 at 05:27 AM..
Appreciate 0