View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 07:21 PM   #86
Dr1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 135i

Garage List
So I got the front air dam and splitter sorted. I ended up going with the Home Depot garden edging for the air dam and I am quite pleased with the results. It is pressure fit against the bumper and held to the splitter with some 1" L-brackets that I cut from a piece of angle aluminum. A little tedious but huge $ savings over buying individual brackets.

I also installed the BW carbon fiber sunroof panel. I weighted all the parts and the weight savings was 34.6 lbs. Fitment is excellent and I was able to create a water tight seal with a single small tube of Permatex auto glass/window silicone sealant. It is self leveling and claims to be liquid enough to find its way into gaps you cannot see. Regardless, it did the job marvelously.

Yesterday I also added a trackspec hood vent. The e90 fitment is excellent for the e82. Make sure you have a few cutoff wheels on hand because there are 4 layers of steel in the front of the factory hood. The location of install is beneficial in two ways. One, this is a good low pressure area on the hood for efficient ventilation that will reduce front end lift. Two, when it rains the water will be draining down into the engine compartment in front of the engine, thus lowering risk of water contacting the injector wiring and air filters.

Appreciate 0