Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Great little video! I think it honestly told us what we already know. The 1M is bad ass

I certainly agree with the consensus views regarding the 1M vs the M2.....very similar to my personal experience in comparing the 2 cars before my eventual purchase......however, I'm really curious how the newer M2C stacks up against the 1M?

Anyone here have any insight???
I picked up a M2C as an older "sibling" to my 1M. I was worried they might be too similar, but have found they are very different.

As pretty much every 1M owner knows, there is something visceral and frenetic about the little beast that is unmatched by most if not all recent BMWs from the past 20 years. That feeling is the product of a wonderful steering rack, short wheel base, the E92 suspension, and the modified N54.

The 1M just feels fun and playful, no matter how fast or slow you're driving. And I think that's really one of the biggest differences between it and the M2C. The 1M always feels fast....even when your going slow.

The M2C is obviously fast, but you do not perceive it as going fast until you are in the lose-your-license territory of speeding. The steering is precise, but not nearly as communicative. The engine is like a locomotive, but interestingly the N54 with lighter fly wheel they used for the 1M version (and maybe the altered higher flow cats) seems more responsive and livelier.

I do have to say, as other have commented, that it is nice driving the M2C without fear of accident...it is a replaceable car. Not that I avoid driving the 1M out of fear, but you enjoy a sense of freedom with the M2C.

Both amazing cars. And I am very lucky to have both. But if I had to had just one, it would be the 1M.
Yes, thank you so very much

I have been considering adding more of a DD and looking at either a new 2019/20 M2C, 2016 M2 once they dip under $40k which is very soon probably by May 2019 or keeping it old school and trying to find a nice 05/06 e46 M3 Competition which I can probably find for under $40k as well.

Right now......I'm leaning towards old school
Personally I would go for the e46 M3....especially in topaz blue metallic. Love the e46...BMW will never equal it.

Although if I could find a laguna seca blue s54 e38 M coupe, I'd buy it in a second. Love the clown shoe!
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1209.00