Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTM View Post
agree with above post, cars and drivers have changed, 2 replaces the 3, and 3 replaces the 5, the bigger and more expensive cars is focus towards middle income and older class that are tired of shifting gears. For the few older gents that like to drive, they prefer smaller cars with 5/6sp mt that they could throw around corners anyway. Thats why the
2 series which continue to be avail with both transmission, and replaces the 3 series as a go to car for enthusiast that wants to row their own gear. Some hardcore do want the M cars with dct for track purposes, but are very far and few in between.
Bingo. The 2 really exists as the old 3. The bigger tragedy to me is enthusiast oriented sports cars, like the Alfa 4C and Alpine A110, coming without manuals. As much as I'm disappointed in the sound of the flat-4, I'd pick a Cayman all day in that segment because of the manual. Heck, I'd choose a manual Miata over those manual-less cars. I've read that 4C sales have struggled, and I can't help but think no manual is part of the problem.
Ditto I drove an Audi S3 cool car nice sound great size. The version with analog gauges was nice. Loved it except just missing something in the automatic. I think if it had been manual I would've gotten one. : (. Now 3 series out of consideration for me. That was the last differentiator between bmw and the other brands. Now they are officially just like all the others in the sedan category. A race to the bottom and they caught up to the others.
Appreciate 0