05-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
I checked the O2 sensors multiple times and they are not reversed. The car also runs fine when I reset adaptations (for 1 drive only), or unplug the eccentric shaft sensor. If either of those conditions causes the car to go into an open-loop scenario regarding the O2 sensor, then you might be right.

So I reset all the adaptations in INPA the other day and the car ran perfectly again. No misfires, no hesitation, no surging, nothing - just perfect. For one drive. Today I drove the car and it's back to the same old shit. Idle dropping from about 600 to 400, then shooting back up to 800, repeat. If I rev it up to 1200rpm it will jump up and down the same way - 1200, 1000, 1400, repeat.

I am just about ready to sell this car. Absolutely ruined it by adding headers and the tune, and the whole point of doing the mods was to get better driveability, not power. What is the fucking point of the adaptations anyway? BMW couldn't make a car that just drives? Can adaptations be disabled in INPA?
Since you already have INPA have you checked codes? It will show a lot more than what appears when you have a CEL. Also what adaptations are you resetting? Are you clearing codes aswell? Are you tuned for a certain gas and not using it?
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0