01-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #27
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
The car had 159k miles on it, was a base model, and had nothing interesting done to it. I got it for $7200 out the door, including registration fees and the dealer's processing fee. And, as I've mentioned, I work off all of the mods by doing labor around my house, and earn what I save them in hiring someone in car parts (I've done a scientific crap ton). Also, my car has never been to a mechanic (except that one alignment they did wrong, and I did better) so I save in those areas as well, and I also do the majority of maintenance and car washing on their cars, since dad spends loads of time at work.

Maybe I'm just being too modest, and don't realize my situation; I just hate being in-your-face about stuff.

Oh, yeah, getting a car in your teens is WAY easier and cheaper here in America than in other parts of the world, at least from what I've researched and read about. Also, it's kind of a necessity with our spread-out suburbs and just how far away everything is from everything else compared to (assuming here) European towns.
Oh, fair enough. That's great. Keep up the work. I got lucky too that I am able to enjoy the 1er at my age (still healthy and able to work the clutch pedal, sorry Esteban ) and before manual rwd bmws are no more a thing.

Yeah, that was my point. I guess here in Europe it's far easier to get by public transport, at least where I have been to and where I have lived.