05-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
The dealer will not do it. Liability is the big word here. If they did it and you wrecked while driving in the rain...
I know it sounds silly but look at all the stupid law suits holding up the court system.

This same question came up about every other month for 2-3 years in the Z4 section when BMW put a sport button in the car. Pushing the button is a good thing. Mentally you know you should now be a little more aware of your driving.

My $.02
Thanks, I wasn't asking about turning it traction control all the way off, just in dynamic mode. Right now, I'm tooling around in my E46. I'm taking a right turn at a busy intersection. As I pull out, don't see bozo flying at me. If I put the throttle down, and spin the wheel for a nanosecond, the Traction control kicks in the car stalls for a second, then picks up. Just think it the nannies should be less intrusive in these types of cars. I have read a few reviews and they felt the base traction control was too intrusive. I think mine is too intrusive on my E46.

That's all, not trying kill myself or anyone else.
Appreciate 0