View Single Post
      10-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #34
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135 View Post
A 9" wheel offset will depend on the spring OD, lower spring perch OD and location in relation to the top and/or section width of the tyre. Lower spring perch location is dictated by ride height.

Wheel offset advice from others is only useful if they're running the same setup as you. Your best option is to measure yourself... and them measure it again.. at least twice more. I use correct offset wheels rather than using spacers.

You'll need to run a 255/35 (not 255/40, which will be far too tall).
Yeah, thanks. I've done quite a bit of measuring to get here. I already run short (7") 60mm springs on my KW Clubsport dampers. So perch clearance is as good as it's going to get without sacrificing travel or running into spring bind.

I'm on the lookout for 255/35 tires -- we'll see. I said 255/40 because I have a good relationship with Falken, and unfortunately that's the only 255 RT615k+ offered.

While spacers aren't my favorite, running them up to 10mm, as long as they're hubcentric and you're using studs, is completely fine, especially when it enables a true square setup that can be rotated. I have no desire to run staggered offsets or widths.
Appreciate 1