View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
Soterios
BXR
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Len View Post
That is great to hear! I know what I want exists in that price range but I'm just not sure if that's a 1/1000 type deal or something that's realistic to find. Sounds like you picked up EXACTLY what I want, lol. And, with miles that low I'd consider upping the budget I think so long as it was in overall amazing condition.

Going to a BMW meet this weekend and hoping to see some 1ers out there. If I have time I'd like to find a couple local ones to test drive as well - none that fit what I want but I'd like to test out manual vs DCT as well as just start familiarizing myself with these cars in person vs just online.

Also, any specific places you suggest looking? I've been looking on 1addicts, Craigslist, Offerup, Autotrader, Cars.com, Carmax, Edmunds and Ebay.
Personally, since I bought mine as my toy car and not a daily, I HAD to have a manual. It's just a lot more fun to row gears in my opinion. The DCT is faster, but I'll give up a few hundredths in the quarter mile to enjoy my experience more.

I found mine on Cars.com. I also looked on CarGuru.

Only advice is to open your search to any distance. I got lucky and mine was only a few hundred miles away, but you can always have them take the car in for a prepurchase inspection at a dealership before putting a deposit down and flying out or just having them ship it.

They're kind of hard to find, so open up that net. Good luck.