E82 Mudflap Ambassador
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Be patient. Don't be antsy. The right deal will appear and you will jump on it. Until then, hold on. I know it's exciting, but don't cheat yourself out of what you truly want just for instant gratification.

Biggest thing is don't sell yourself the car before you buy it. Then you may have a tendency to overlook flaws and undesirable options.

BUT. Be ready to make a move. If you see THE car, DO NOT SLEEP. You'll know when you find it, don't hesitate, because someone else WILL snatch it up.

Use BMWVin.com to verify options, do not trust dealers. They often use generic VIN scanners which aren't always accurate.

I got lucky when I got mine. I looked for about 3 weeks before I found it, only 20min away. It was such a fresh listing there wasn't a price or any pictures. They literally got the car in on either Friday or Saturday, and I bought it Monday. I called to verify its existence, they told me if I showed up today they'd knock $1000 off, and that's all I needed to hear.

Also use every resource you can. I used Cars.com for a while which found some decent results, but I found my car after taking a peek at Autotrader.com which I hadn't really been doing. AutoTempest is a good aggregation site.
Appreciate 1