View Single Post
      07-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #29
Won35i
Unofficial Official "IN"
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Alpine Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Well BMW has an interesting problem. If they do build the M1 with the old M3 engine they basically have a repackage e46 M3. It will have +33 hp, LSD and perhaps some weight saving compare to the 135i.

I am not sure how big of an audience that will create. Pretty sure there are people out there who would want one for M badge, but it's the same car as e46 m3. I will just buy a E46 M3 and I don't have to wait. E46M3 is a great car but I am not sure if I want to spend 10k more to get a repackaged one that came out 5-6 years ago. Why not just get a used for a lot less.

If they don't use the old engine they will have to engineer a brand new high reving 6cylinder engine whose only purpose is for the M1 since the Z4M will be getting the v8 and that engine has to have over 333hp.
Not to mention that will kill the value of the E46 M even more. With the introduction of the E92 M and then an M1 (Old M3), you really wouldnt have a need to own the old E46, especially when someone can buy an update with 4 year warranty and probably cheaper than an E46 that is 1-2 years old.
Appreciate 0