View Single Post
      10-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

I generally do the usual two bucket wash, using Griots car wash, which works well, along with the wheels with Griots wheel cleaner (Going to invest in some P21s as soon as I run out of Griots). I dry with a waffled microfiber towel and get the water out of the cracks and other hard to reach places with a compressed air gun. I've been using Zaino lately to try it out, and it works well. I usually clay parts of the car that need it, which takes an hour or two, I have both Griots and Swissvax clay, the swissvax has been drying out lately though, then I polish/wax. I start with Z-FX infused Z5 and let it dry for 45 minutes, then use Z6 after I buff the Z5 off. Then I usually have enough for another coat of Z5, so I put that on, and wait, then Z6 again. Then I either Z2 it once or twice, or just put Z-CS on if I'm tired of polished/waiting or I don't have any time left. I've found that Zaino tends to last longer than most other waxes I've used and provides pretty good protection from the elements.

-Ben
Appreciate 0