View Single Post
      10-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #17
cmd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

This is the first car I've used Zaino on. Previous cars got whatever paste wax I could find at autozone or the like if they were lucky.

This has got to be the easiest stuff in the world to use. It doesn't need heat or anything to breakdown. You just wipe it on and go watch TV or something. Come back in an hour or so and wipe it off.

I was intimidated by the way people spoke of it on the forums. All these big sequences on Znumbers. I am a very, very lazy person and I had no problem getting it on the car. I did need a nap at one point, but there was plenty of time for that between 'layers'.

For what it's worth, I did the initial treatment of ZAIO, 3 coats of polish with Z6 between layers, and topped with ZCS and Z8 in July. I wash weekly, ok, sometimes it's every other week, and about half the time I Z6 after the wash. In those 3 months and 7k miles I haven't noticed any significant change in feel or water beading.

I'm planning on another coat or two of polish and some ZCS next wash, but I don't feel like the car 'needs' it yet.
Appreciate 0