View Single Post
      05-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #25
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Do I have rake backwards? I am planning to raise the front end by 1/4" to 1/2". Or is that what youre saying is opposite of what I want to do.

Yes I'm on coilovers. TCK SA front with 7" 7k swift, Bilstein monotube rear with 10" 12k swift.

I thought the stock bar was too soft with stock springs. With the coils the H&R bar was way overkill and with absolutely no bar it's just a touch too much oversteer oriented. Think it still needs some bar, but stock bar (26.5) may still be too much.
Based on the way I undertsand, if you put the stock bar back in and it feels too stiff you would want to lower the front end a bit to increase roll and front end grip (please correct me if I am wrong).

I measure rake from the side skirts right next to the jack points. Without knowing your front and rear ground clearance and other settings like static camber it's hard to make a suggestion. Raise the rear? Lower the front? Increase front spacers? Reduce sway bar bind and reassess?

Before you do anything I would check to see if youre bottoming out your rear struts and causing a spike in rear wheel rate. You may find that you're getting into the bumps stops like both myself and Felix found. Read through the 10 page ohlins thread I linked to and you'll see that he actually moved to a 14k spring and a bigger rear bar to alleviate the bump stop enaggement. You are running longer 10" springs though so I am guessing you have a lot of spring preload in the rear and the issue may not be as bad.

No one likes to believe in the 1:3 ratio but lower the rear of the car onto the ground and watch how you lose 3" of suspension travel when you use 700lb springs and that is just from the weight of the car lol When you have afternarket coilovers with only 4.25" of usable travel that becomes a big deal...

Last edited by bbnks2; 05-24-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 1