View Single Post
      08-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKilgore View Post
Really interesting to see your logging over a whole session. I plan to do the same at the end of the month for a track day.

I am interested in your oil pressure logging. It looks like you dipped below 30 psi at the same point on the track for each lap. From your logs, it looks like this was a heavy braking section into a slow part of the track, maybe the downhill switchbacks toward the end of the lap? It's pretty low pressure, but you're also at low rpms, so maybe nothing to worry about? Any thoughts?
I actually see him down as low at 25psi at 3400 rpms and rolling back into the throttle (accelerator position is at 54%). That is pretty bad. Anything over 3,000rpm should be above 60psi. Especially if you're already rolling back into the throttle.

See timestamp 865.47. He is at 0% pedal input, 2400rpm, 48psi (sounds about right since 40psi is idle). The next two data points he is accelerating and oil pressure is dropping. Not a good sign.

As for the overheating, seems like a really slow course that you're dropping to the bottom of 2nd gear. Radiator should help a lot since you're an automatic. if you do a comparison log, make sure it's at the same track because that can have a huge influence on temps.
Appreciate 1
AndyW650.00