View Single Post
      08-11-2020, 10:19 AM   #10
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93, '12 E82, '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKilgore View Post
An accusump is high on my priority list as well. Which is why I took an interest in your data logs. From what I have seen, the 35-40 psi valve is suggested as the most common application, but I think bbnks2 did the 55-60 psi valve. This brings up an interesting question, because if you look at your datalogs, it appears like the accusump would be discharging 5-6 times per lap using the 35-40 psi valve, and possibly another 1-2 more times if you use the 55-60 psi valve. I assume that using one of the EPC electric valves kit which allows for "fast" refills of the system would be sufficient to refill the accumulator and have it ready to discharge again, but I don't really know.

I plan to take logs of the next couple of track days in which I won't have an accusump, and then hopefully can install one over the winter break and compare with new logs as the same track with an accusump.
Yes, that is my dilema. 35-40 psi would be what Canton recommends...slightly below idle pressure, but bbnks2 has a point with keeping pressure higher...just something you have to manage with a manual switch. I keep going back and forth.

'12 E82-PS2,Stoptechs,Clubsports+M3 bits,Accusump,Wagner DP+EVO III FMIC,ERCP,BMS Intake,Mason Strut Bar,Wedge Tune
Appreciate 0