View Single Post
      07-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #156
xBlueStreakx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Well that's all she wrote for the year.

Last Saturday was the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park GP School/Lapping day. I attended the lapping day to prep for Sunday's Time Attack.

30FF and ensuing limp mode would come within 2 turns of hard driving. Turbos are officially dead and I will not be attempting anymore bandaids. It's either replacement OEMs /w upgraded WG flappers or a small single turbo (GTX 3076/3576). On the latter, this is a stretch as it is a huge jump in costs that I really wouldn't take the benefit of since our time attack classing is based on points. More power means more points and higher classing... I can't just YOLO and turn up the boost without 'consequence'. And really, 370whp should net me an extremely fast lap time around Canadian Tire Motorsports Park GP assuming I have everything else optimized (tires, springs, dampers, weight reduction, aero and my driving).

That being said, Saturday was the first time this year I was able to test the new widebody/tires/upgraded aero at CTMP GP. Some corners that still required me to brake (despite being down on power) showed significant improvements. Turn 2, for example, improved by 4 tenths (!!!) and turn 9/10 improved by 3 tenths. If the turbos didn't pack it in, I have absolutely no doubt a solid high 1:2X would've been achieved...this is Pirelli World Challenge M235iR territory. The caveat being the PWC M235iR does it with less aero and less power *cough* but more tire (slicks)...

Plans for next year include the following:
- Turbo replacement/upgrade
- Proper clutch type LSD in the rear
- Reinstall rear sway bar
- AiM Dash... This is a 'stretch goal' if you will...

Will post updates as they happen.
Appreciate 3