View Single Post
      01-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #172
xBlueStreakx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135

Sorry guys. Life got in the way... then I forgot my 1addicts password, tried logging in, got locked out then said 'screw it' for a while. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Assuming he wants to avoid tire rub by running the spring perch higher on the shock. 5" front springs don't seem like a great idea, how wide of tires are you trying to run?

Still on #600ish front springs? That seems like such a high spring rate for this chassis even with aero.
My idea is to run the wheels as close to the center point as possible. I'm not comfortable with the fulcrum (?) effect the wheels have on the bearings when they start to go further and further away from OEM spec. It may just be in my head but rounding corners at 190KM\h with huge spacers and/or a wide setup (I know I'm widebody) has me running mental checks as to whether this is the time the car packs it in.

Could be my age (33 years old) and my kid playing a factor but I do recall this not being an issue a few years back. Long story short, I'll be forever slow. Hah.

You could be right about the spring rate. A few pages back, I sorted out the suspension frequency of my setup and they appeared to be decent. Any thoughts on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
Anyway you could snap a pic of your belt routing?
Unfortunately, I can't. I have since installed turbo inlets that block any material view of the belt routing. If I have to remove the inlets for whatever reason, I'll be sure to snap one for you.
Appreciate 0