United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg6975 View Post
The RT660 is the best 200 tire I've ever run for HPDE. It may not have the outright pace the RE71 or A052 have but they feel very similar to the RE71s I ran previously and the RT660 holds on better lap after lap. The wear on them has blown me away... They look like they're wearing like an R-S4 too. They're also dirty cheap which is always nice.

I really wanted to try to the Goodyears but, yikes. Were you cording them like that on the front, rear, or both? What are you camber and alignment specs?
It seemed to be the front that was the worst, but I did have one that had only been on the rear when it started showing those signs. To be clear, they weren't really cording in the traditional sense. There was plenty of tread thickness left, they were simply delaminating and peeling away.

I don't know if maybe I was pushing them too hard from the second lap and wasn't getting them warmed up all the way through, but I have never had to be careful with Toyo RA1's which seem to be indestructible. I have gone back to the RA1's. I may try the RT660s next year especially if they are cheap and last a while.

Current alignment specs:
Attached Images

1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
ayao646.00