12-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #42
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
I like the look of the 19" wheels on the 1M, but does anyone else wonder why they went up a size compared to the stock 18" diameter of the 135i? It indeed is very pleasing to the eye, but I'm thinking maybe they went this route to clear the struts which probably explains this along with the addition of the bodykit (which according to the specs doesn't widen it by much) on how they were able to fit 245 series tires up front and 265 series tires out back. The rear increase in rubber doesn't wow me too much, but 245 up front, that's pretty damn good. If this 1M is like any other OEM car, it shouldn't be too hard to go +1 with the width and get 255 (f)/275(r). The increased track width, suspension components, LSD, and body kit interest me. The use of a slightly increased iS engine not so much or the fact that the seats are the same as the sport seats from the 135i but with orange stitching. I know there is still so much more to the 1M which makes it stand out above the 135i and I will be constantly watching for updates. This things needs to hit dealerships soon so the aftermarket can really turn things up a notch.