Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smokehouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResinThirteen View Post
So, I tried every single method in this thread and absolutely NOTHING worked to remove the caked-on coating after 12 years of being parked in the sun.

Did a little hunting for just the display panel by itself, took it apart, replaced the panel and it's brand mew again!!!

Highly recommended as there was absolutely no way in hell I was gonna pay some $2,400+ for a new unit from BMW!!
Hey ResinThirteen, what's the part number on the screen itself? Trying to source one as my screen looks just like yours. Our display part number is 65829211975, but that if for the whole assembly. Thinking this screen came on many models, and may be available in other assemblies on ebay.
Yes sir. This is the part number for my display by itself. Double check to make sure yours is the same, but I searched for and found LQ088K9LA02 on eBay brand new with a return policy. (It's on the bottom edge of the screen)

It seems like lots of sellers are selling parts that are compatible with the part number than ends in 02 and 01 but I made sure to get one that ends in 02.

No coding, no fitment issues, nothing. Perfect replacement.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
lab_rat394.50