View Single Post
      10-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #21
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i M-Sport coupe

So, the new Special Active struts and shocks have been installed, and the car received an alignment to 135 is specs. I don't know if there is a difference between those and 128i sport suspension settings?

My initial impression is that they are a bit stiffer than the OE sport suspension shocks and struts. Over simple stuff like tar strips, I can hear the tire impact but barely feel anything. This is a bit of an improvement over the factory pieces.

More complex bumps/irregularities are more firmly damped with only one oscillation per impact, not the feeling of 'bounciness'. The term 'buttoned down' would be a good explanation of how I think the suspension now feels. Very happy so far, might be a touch firm overall (and might soften slightly after break in?). One thing I can't explain is that the car feels flatter in corners. I wouldn't think the shocks would contribute to this, but maybe stiffer prevents some weight shift?
E9x M3 front & rear suspension arms; BMW Performance brakes upgraded to drilled rotors in rear; BMW performance shifter; BMW Performance Exhaust; Wave Trac LSD with modified 'nannies'; BMW Euro Intake box; BMW Aluminum Strut Tower bar; ECS front and rear sway bars; 3 stage intake with BPC software; BMW style 78, 17 x 8" wheels with Bridgestone RE 980AS 225/45-17 tires; Koni Special Active struts/shocks, E9x M3 RTABs.
Appreciate 1