First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2013 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
2002 Acura RSX  [0.00]
Was thread searching and even though this thread is old, wanted to add that I have all the latest software but have also experienced the rev bouncing, only with AC on. I don't recall the car ever completely dying on me though. The lurching is the scary bit. It'll do this as you slow down to stop behind another car at a stop light, or as you pull into the garage. I'd take it to the dealer, but based on how they react to the DCT throttle lag issue (which is to say, they don't do anything about it and N55 volumes are too small to get BMW to care), it probably isn't worth the trouble.

I can reproduce the rev bouncing issue most easily when inching along in traffic, AC on, on warm/hot days. The actual lurching while on the brakes is much more sporadic, perhaps only when the revs drop really low (<500) and the car barely catches it before it stalls (the lurch feels just like popping a clutch and stalling a manual).

Bottom line: BMW did a great job programming the DCT for performance, but it is utter garbage (the programming, not the transmission) in city driving/low speed conditions. They, and the aftermarket, won't provide any fixes because there are too few of us to make the issue a liability for them.