Dr1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege03ak46 View Post
Are you gonna be making a air dam for the splitter? Is that the Leichtbau or regular me. Interested to see how it all counts up. I also have the er wide body and was curious about running the hard Motorsports stuff. Car looks good! Stoked to see where you take it
The M3 splitter. When I mocked it up I had about 1" sticking out on each side beyond the width of the front bumper

Air dam is essential but I have no solid plan on how I am going to do it. I might try to use some HDPE from a roll I have. If I can get it to the shape I want, from there I'd rivet to the splitter and use motorcycle windscreen well nuts to attach to the fiberglass bumper cover. I've had success with those well nuts when I attached my fender flares to the fiberglass ER kit since they don't stress the fiberglass.

Or I could try and do it with aluminum but I have zero experience working with metal.

I only know what I've seen at the track as far as air dams go. I don't care how ugly it looks as long as it gets the job done.

I am open to ideas that any of you have.
Appreciate 0