United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostpak View Post
Can someone PLEASE confirm this-
i have a 125i E82 halogen coupe (so EU version not US version) and even through reading every forum there are still some conflicting advice. Dackelone says that the halogen pre lci 125i 135i US version the blackline zenon tails #282 are PnP, however the EU halogen pre lci versions you'll need a footwell module 3 upgrade and a harness cable.

Schmeidmanns said the same thing for the #282 xenon blackline tails. A few other members on this thread said you dont need anything they are plug and play on halogen pre lci model cars. But I couldn't workout if those people has the US 128i models.

Another seller here in Australia selling the xenon blackline tails #282 said that they will work on my 125i halogen as they said they work on ALL pre lci models both halogen or xenon etc. So theres conflicting views. I need to know difinitively from someone who has the same model as me and its worked without a FWM3 and harness and its just been PnP.

Thanks

I always thought that all US spec 1er's that the #282 Blackline led tail light kit was PnP, even for 128i's that came with halogen front headlights.

boostpak When you say "halogens" most members think headlights. But on your 125i(128i) late production you probably mean your tail light bulbs are also halogen and don't have the LCI led tubes. Correct ?

Recently I was contacted by user carscatscoffee15 he has a late production 128i (US spec) with LCI halogen tail lights. He ordered the #282 Blackline kit but the LED tubes do not light up. His car has the FRM3 footwell module.

I think he will need to use a jumper wire to make his blackline LED tubes light up. But IF anyone knows for sure... PLEASE chime in. I was also wondering IF the LED tubes could be made to work via car coding, like with Carly or some other App. Any thoughts ?

thanks,
Dackel

Halogen LCI tail lights
Attachment 2144533

LCI Blacklines...
Attachment 2144536

Blacklines(L) vs pre lci led tails(R)
Attachment 2144537

Attachment 2144538
Blacklines for xenons
Attachment 2144539
Blacklines for xenons (my car)
Attachment 2144540
Dack, thank you so much for your help and for replying to me even though there's a ton of threads on this! I ended up installing the FRM3 but had my local (and very trusted) BMW Indy shop do the coding and wiring needed. The person who did the job is meticulous and crafty in his work and did the retrofit proper without any pin swaps, soldered work, or spray painting the bulbs black (I believe I read this somewhere on this forum). He ended up wiring the lights from the FRM in the front and running new connections through the side panels all the way to the lights themselves.. however when he got the rear to work, the front AE/eyebrows ended up having issues.

Light bars light up when my DRLs are on and they look mean! Moving on to completing the back with the M Sport rear!

Once again, your correspondence has been greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50