View Single Post
      12-21-2017, 01:22 AM   #20
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
This car is what it is, and your car is what it is. I have no quarrel with your car or this car.

What your car and what this car is NOT, is a 1M. Your car, from what I have seen, is probably better than a 1M in many respects. So I do not mean any disrespect in your direction. It is, however, not a 1M. It is a custom build taken from a 135i, that has become what it has become. Again, it is not a 1M. It is a super car of one sort or another.

I think the problem here is trying to sell this car in a forum of 1M owners.

You can take almost any car and you can modify it to be whatever it is that you want it to be. It can be something really special, a "1-off" never seen before. Perfect in every respect.

But why try to label this as a 1M-Wannabee?

I just don't see the point.
ha, if i could afford this car and could afford to maintain this car i would gladly sell my 1m for this beast, heck i would love to swap a s65 into my car. and you do realize converting a 135 into a 1m is not particularly costly or difficult. once the conversion is done the only thing different will be your vin numbers.

and this car is well deserved of the "m" moniker, its more "m" than our cars, it basically has all the m parts our cars have and it actually has an m engine..

that being said, i've heard the background story to this car and the costs to build this build, this car definitely needs someone with deep pockets and someone who appreciates this build, cause if i had that money to spend i would definitely get something cooler like a gt4/gt3.

and yeah, convert it to a manual, dct instantly dates the car, or im sure the person who purchases the car will have the means to if he/she wants to
Appreciate 2