First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
I have gotten a few high dollar offers and turned them down as my car is not for sale but even if I did sell, it would just be someone buying my vision and skipping the journey - hardly a good deal in my eyes... for them.
I agree with Marco that the journey on these kind of builds is a huge part of it. They are labors of love. That's what gives the car its soul (which is why Marco's has been so great to watch and admire over the years) Because it took vision and it engineering to solve problems and create solutions. For all inclusive purposes he and Performance Technic "designed" a new BMW. And with each new evolution refined that car based on that vision. The enjoyment in that process is a huge part of the personal value.

Without that, all you have is a stack of receipts, and a car that isn't worth the sum of its parts.

The BAT one is no doubt a beautiful build that spared no expense, but I don't know if it's ever going to be worth what the owner put into it. But that doesn't mean it won't ever sell. You're just looking at a very small niche market of people.
Appreciate 2
Yeineken1300.50