05-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetey View Post
I forwarded your video to a friend who works in the film business, he's got all kinds of fancy video gear. Let's see if his CSI skills are up to the task...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
I think you should at least try to identify and expose the assholes.

If you feel comfortable, post the video on jalopnik.com

There are some real sleuths there and law enforcement often turns to the community to ID blurry videos of auto related crimes with success.

Be aware that there is something of a good-natured anti-BMW bias over there (there are often threads named 'this is why people think BMW drivers are asshats where people post pictures of BMWs parked by D-bags) but they respect the 1M so you should be safe.

Feel free to repost and share the video.
The video quality will be better if you view it after you download it.
Any help identifying the car will be greatly appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
That's terrible man. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I am curious to know about the security camera in your car. Is that something all 1M's come with?

The camera I used is Blackvue dr400g-hd powered through magic pro. The magic pro allows your camera to operate even when your car is parked until the car battery level reaches the certain voltage (can be set through magic pro), then shuts down the camera, so your car's battery won't be fully dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
Totally sucks....
It looks like the street you park on is a side street? Which would lead me to beleive this is someone who drives by on a regular basis or lives close by. Knowing most idiots, he (or she I guess) will probably drive by again.

I always garage keep my car. This happened when I was not at home and I had to park on the street. The area I parked is about 4 blocks from my house. I drove by there last night on my way home to see if there was a white e90 parked outside but the only car parked there was a white x3..
Appreciate 0