05-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #47
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandinca View Post
Thanks, yes, 235/40 on a 7.5" wheel. It really only rubs when I turn and go over bumps while in the turn. Straight line there's plenty of clearance between the fender and the tire.I was thinking going to a 35 profile would help, would adding a degree of negative camber make that much of a difference to my problem ?
As for camber plates, what's involved ? Do I need to remove the top mounts and bearing (compress the spring etc) to put the camber plates on or can I just unbolt from the car, drop the suspension away from the mounting point and put the plates on. I figure that the bolts won't be long enough now with the extra thickness from the camber plate. Newbie..... ;-)
The Dinan plates are easy pie to install. You loosen the lower control arm bolts, and drop the strut out of its mount. Then, you punch out the studs on the top mount (pliers work, too), place the Dinan plate on top, put the countersunk bolts down through the top of the plate, install the lock nuts, tighten them down, put the strut back in, snug-up the control arms. Lastly, settle the front suspension and torque everything down.

They also come with an instruction manual, but those are overrated.

I love mine, they really made the front end of the car much more effective than before.