04-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #54
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvaderr View Post
Better acceleration numbers and marginally better lap times does not equate to better to drive. Driving is an experience, not a measurable thing.
As a driver's car is where it excels, is what I'm assuming this review is trying to say.
But in our present world of dual clutch automatics and obsessions with 0-60 times; I don't expect many people to understand that.

There would be no need to test drive cars or read/watch car reviews if only numbers mattered; cause then we'd just have one test track, one driver and simply list out from fastest to slowest: 0-60, 0-120, lap times, etc. And you'd just buy the highest ranking car in your price range. But we don't do that do we?

Having said that; my father has a Cayman S that I've driven, and I've also driven both the 135i and M3; and I find it hard to believe that the 1M would be better to drive than a Cayman R. I guess I'll have to wait and find out for myself!
This must be the sensible and right approach, thank you! I have myself never understood the obsession with purely objective data in a context that is centred on the whole concept of 'feel', which you can't assess from numbers.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0