Thread: 1M or M2C
View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 10:25 AM   #41
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I felt I should chime in as well... I am a guy that buys and sells cars quickly. I have owned about 30 cars in the last 15 years. Thats kinda crazy to say out loud and I dont want to start thinking about what that actually costs me. However, the 1M has been a car I have now owned for 4 years. That is a very long time in my world and I am not even sure how that happened. All I can say is that I have very much enjoyed it. Sure I have done some basic bolton mods to make it more enjoyable like Ohlins and Akra, etc. But I decided I wanted to drive it to enjoy it. When i had it sitting in my garage as a collector car, i started to dislike it for not appreciating fast enough. When i started to plan and go on roadtrips with my friends, drive trips really, it became a smile maker! I fell in love with it through out ever corner or turn. Its one of these cars that wont ever be built again... for lots or reasons... and yes, there will be faster better cars made. However, you will always look back after selling such a car and think, "I wish I still had it." why? because ownership of a corporate hotrod is cyclical. you fall in and out of love with it and eventually after enough time has past, back in love. go figure... Anyways, love my car. hope i can keep it forever.

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 2
10"4974.50