HERR FSTIR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2C, VO 1M, GSA 1200

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
If you left your 1200 mile service until 2000 miles in the UK this will void your warranty. I would check with your BMW dealership.
I had read this in one of the threads concerning the 1200 mile service, and it was one reason for my concern. I will ask the dealership if such a restriction applies to U.S. vehicles, although given the rarity of the vehicle, they may not have an answer. They certainly didn't mention anything about voiding the warranty when I took delivery (and they know I live 400 miles away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671rover View Post
I picked up my 1M on 2/24 and have a little over 1800 miles on it now. Here on Guam so it's the only 1m here. According to the service indicator, it also show the first service at 14000miles. I had to inform the dealer that there is a 1200 mile service, BMW headquarters Germany confirmed this with them. Apparently there are very few M's here so they had to order the fluids which takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive. So I'm scheduled for next week service, I'm sure I'll be close to 2000 miles at that point. What I do is still keep my engine below 5000 rpm following the break in recommendation.
This is good to know. Sounds like we're are in somewhat similar situations with respect to geographic isolation (although at different climate extremes).
Appreciate 0