View Single Post
      07-11-2017, 04:37 PM   #21
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartho View Post
Yes that is correct! Speed real fast and not lose my license Thanks!
Well you don't need to go to a track for that.

Let me first qualify this post by saying you're probably not ready to do what I describe or you would have already figured this stuff out for yourself. But, for the benefit of anyone capable who may later come across this thread...

FWIW I used to go well into the triple digits on a near daily basis, all you need is a radar detector, good eyesight (get your eyes checked and make sure you have better than 20/20, most cops do), and most importantly, an idea of where you can get away with it. Let's say you have a clear view ahead, preferably on a road you know well, no traffic, and no places cops can hide: go ahead and floor it. That's about as safe as it gets, on a track or otherwise. But you have to slow down before you cross any hills or other places you can't see across, otherwise you're taking a chance that you could get nailed by instant on radar, laser, or just seen and pulled over (but probably not given a speeding ticket that will stand up in court). And don't blow past other drivers. Not only is it dangerous and puts both of you at risk, but more importantly (from the standpoint of a reckless driver) they might call the cops with your car description and there's no need for all that heat.

You too can drive like this. Years of this hooliganism and the fastest I've ever been ticketed for was 102 in a 60 and that wouldn't have happened if I had my radar detector (was being stupid and driving without it)! Whatever happens, make sure you pull over ASAP if a cop lights you up, but don't be so eager that you end up in an unsafe space. My advice for getting pulled over is keep your hands on the wheel, ask permission to get your license and insurance, and be very respectful to the cop making sure to call them sir / maam. Cops love this and it will put them more at ease reducing your chances of any really negative outcomes.
The hands on the wheel / asking permission to grab documents part is really important because cops absolutely HATE your hands, they're the most threatening part of your body in their opinion.

These days I go to the track often and I'm older so I rarely do crazy speeds on the street.
Appreciate 0