07-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #82
Alexim
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92proper View Post
Ummm yeah really.....IMO of course: rarely if ever does a modern day collector BMW appreciate, so I too don't understand why do this to a gem. I at least would have yanked the original n54 and kept it stored so you could return the car to stock in the future or at least keep the original matching numbers integrity.

I'm thinking that grabbing a 135i then upgrading the suspension and putting a 1M aero kit on it would still have been less than this project by a large margin so I don't get that either.

Aside from that, this is an incredible almost shocking display of what the n54 can handle. Honestly it's amazing, and I'm actually thinking of selling my n55 msport e92 bc of stuff like this I keep seeing!!! Lol.

Good luck man!!!
I can relate as well.. Maybe in the US, where the car appreciated quite a lot, I wouldn't have gone this route... But where I live it hasn't and never will (there's around 25 1Ms in my country) so it makes no difference... Anyway the n54 is fantastic.. I came from n55 but the development and tuning for n54 is insane!!
Appreciate 0