View Single Post
      03-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

A thorough Riss Racing review

*UPDATE* April 13 Finally received my refund.

Anybody who has seen some of my recent threads is going to see this and will probably assume I'm just trying to smear Riss Racing because of the problems I've had. It's a reasonable assumption, but the primary reason I'm writing this post is to bring out the numerous problems I encountered. I bought these parts because of the overwhelming praise I've seen on this forum for Riss Racing. I now see that that praise is not at all deserved. They've earned the hype with their first to the market parts and many people love them for that and let them get by with shoddy quality. Yes, at times their service can be great, and it's nice that Daniel will give out his cell phone number to provide support, but the bigger question remains, why is that needed so often? I'll also talk more about shipping issues, and there were many, as well as issues wtih refunds down below. While I may seem to be nitpicking about certain things, it's when you take a sum of all the parts that you begin to see what Riss Racing is all about.

Another thing that I find disconcerting is the reviews I keep seeing on the forum. Most of them lack any substance, they'll have merely one or two sentences about a part, and yet people praise those as "great reviews". I promise you mine are going to be detailed. There's a lot of criticism, but then there's a lot to criticize also. I'll also do my best to point out what I like about the products, but honestly I feel pretty burned by Riss right now.

I've included many photos here, full sized images can also be found in my gallery.

Last edited by KeithLM; 04-13-2009 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0