11-20-2009, 11:58 AM   #39
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
I have about 6k miles on my 135i cabrio and have not heard a squeak, creak or rattle. I also got one of the first ones off of the line (prod date late Mar 08). I would have expected any issues to be showing up first on early production models like mine. Plus I also updated the suspension arms to the E93 M versions that have stiffer bushings. Maybe I just do not have enough miles on the car yet. I know my old E36 cabrio got more squeaks as it aged. Something to look forward too.
My 128i droptop was built a few days later in early April '08 & with 22k miles has very few noises. I do avoid potholes as much as possible which may have some bearing on it - but it is far an away the most solid of the 7 or 8 'verts I've owned.
For a day or so, one annoying rattle was coming from the passenger seat belt. I had my wife reposition her belt and that was that. Another time, there was a squeak from the trunk as my wife's overstuffed suitcase was rubbing against the bottom of the top compartment. Come to think of it, the car is much quieter when I'm driving solo...

I'm also constantly surprised and delighted by the lack of rattles from my 1999 E46 sedan, even after 94,000 miles.

Tom
Appreciate 0