View Single Post
      07-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
OK, so I'm putting together a shopping list to do my brakes. I'm going to keep my stock calipers. Going with a straight street setup as I haven't been to the track in a year. Breaks my heart but can't seem to commit to the 2+ hour drive each way these days.

Anyway. Planning on using OE BMW brake fluid. Works fine for me. Looking at possibly Stoptech Street Performance pads with their Slotted/Drilled whatever rotors front and rear.

Also saw the ECS 2 piece rotors for the front. Considering those as a little weight loss, especially unsprung, up front wouldn't go remiss with that huge fucking CX Racing FMIC up there. But at $500 for just front rotors, I dunno.

Looking for feedback and suggestions. Fire away folks. Thanks in advance.
Durago rotors... they are two piece BMW performance rotors. They aren't as light as the ecs rotors but at $80 per rotor they beat stoptech in price and they weigh 1-2lbs less per rotor.

I felt like stoptech sport pads were a downgrade for street driving and were only a marginal bit more fade resistant on track. I'd try ebc red/yellow for the same price. If you don't do any hpde then there is no need to use anything other than stock pads. Stock pads have phenomenal bite.

BMW brake fluid is also pretty good fluid. It has a higher wet and dry boiling point than most stuff on the shelf. Moving to a better fluid like rbf600 won't hurt anything though so long as you change it at least 1x per year.
Appreciate 1
ShocknAwe3234.00