View Single Post
      07-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
Kristopher
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
That price seems low if anything. The oil pan gasket alone usually ranges from $800 - $1200. Granted, the OFHG should only run about 1 hour of labor, but the rear main seal ain't a quick fix.

Everything depends on your plans for the car. The OFHG should be done immediately because it's cheap, easy, and can cause catastrophic damage. Oil pan depends on severity. Mine weeps, but I'm in no hurry to fix it. There isn't enough leaking to even collect on the under tray. I'll get around to it in the next year or two. No biggie for me. It's not going to kill anything on the car until I start to see oil pooling.

The rear main seal is a no-brainer if you are replacing the clutch anytime soon. It will take no more than an extra 15 minutes to do the rear seal with the transmission out. If you were ever thinking about a new clutch, you basically get the rear seal for free.
I plan on keeping the car stock for the most part aside from maybe doing a custom exhaust and mild tune big maybe on the exhaust however. I don't have any aspirations of taking it to the track or making big horse power, I'm happy with the amount of HP this car has stock. That being said I plan on keeping the car for a long time and trying to keep it in great condition as I can only see the value of these cars going up in the future especially a manual m sport such as mine. I agree with replacing the clutch however my current clutch feels rock solid.
Appreciate 0