View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 11:01 PM   #39
Odyssey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: S65 '1M', Cayman GT4, RS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
No offense....and not to downplay how awesome the GT4 is, but this is coming from someone with a 1M Clone. I.e. not a 1M ��
Other than my car having an S65 rather than N54 please let me know why this makes a difference? The clone has the exact same body, suspension geometry, steering system, diff and chassis electronics.

Maybe the S65, Ohlins coilovers, F80 brake system and Recaro seats have spoiled it...

Either way, I'm not sure why this has any bearing on my opinion on the 1M- as I pointed out I have driven the 1M quite a bit. I considered buying one both when they were new and prior to building my current 1 series but could just never get excited about the N54. Same reason I went AMG after testing the F80 M3- I just found the S55 motor totally unexciting.

My point, which I think has been amply reinforced, is that the OP should take any opinions offered on this forum with a large dose of caution and test both cars thoroughly before deciding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
All types of wrong here.

Average selling price for a 1M in Australia is $75k or more. It was only $99k new

And 160 kg is a big deal AND the N54 is a waaaaaay more enjoyable formula than the S65. Alive and rabid and full of energy; no wonder you're underwhelmed by your clone!

We will take the 1M thank you very much.

As I mentioned above- I'm not comparing to my car.

I have spent plenty of time driving the real 1M.

I find the 1M motor underwhelming. It's greatly improved by the addition of the S65 but in my opinion it's still not in the same league as the GT4. I'm amazed that this is even a serious question if they are really the same price in the US.

BTW:Advertised prices for 1Ms for sale in Aus right now range from $55k to $75k with one dreamer at $88k. The one that I know sold recently got $49k. I guarantee you could own one today (in any colour) with $50k cash.

The GT4s currently for sale range from $173k to $219k.

Last edited by Odyssey; 10-27-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00