View Single Post
      10-23-2018, 06:52 PM   #7
Mr. Wilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
Not had any "tinny" type of sound with my wager+akra setup, you definitely hear the turbos alot more. I know that the metal under shielding can get quite close to the midpipes and can sometimes touch.

Wagner DP's also take alittle fettling to make sure they clear the transmission bolt on the upside too. I've got 3-4mm clearance, but lowering the cerntra downpipe bracket slightly lower. It could be that you're hearing?
Its not that. I have been under the car many times and checked everything. In fact I took the downpipes off once just to put them on. No luck. Just seems that the Middad midpipe and wagner downpipe with stock exhaust resonate in the exhaust can for about 400 rpm. Only occurs when throttle is maybe greater then 25 percent. Otherwise I can just pass through the rpm range with gentile gas and there is no tinny sound. So it just is hitting that right frequency. I have seen this happen before. Just bad luck.

But my question for you is what midpipe are you running. I would like to get the akra exhaust axle back and retain the middad midpipe but I do not know of anyone (or seen on the forums) who runs this combination with the Wagner downpipes. Thanks.

Sorry OP for getting off topic.......

Last edited by Mr. Wilson; 10-23-2018 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0