View Single Post
      04-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #26
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Spent 10 hours today working on the car. I degreased and cleaned up all the pipes and undertrays that I had taken off, and spent 30 minutes alone cleaning up the intercooler (it's amazing how much dirt and debris those things absorb.

Decided to go ahead and install the aftermarket aluminum charge pipe during the course of putting everything back together.

Primed the oil cooler lines (that got a little messy!), replaced their O-rings. Then, with all the sensors connected, but the intake plumbing not installed, I pulled all 6 injector wires and 'started' the car 3 times- 10 seconds each run, with 2 minute starter motor cool down in-between. Then I ran the coolant bleed process with new BMW 50/50 coolant (damn, at least something was easy for once!). Installed the new air filter (the original was almost new; I will include it as a spare with the car). New cabin filter is installed as well.

Scary moment of truth, started right up with the new oil & filter, coolant, plugs, coils, belt, tensioners, pullies and charge pipe. No leaks and oil level at max.

Tomorrow I will get the car down off the lift and clean the rest of the engine before buttoning up the belly pans and washing the outside of the car.

Somebody better buy this thing before I end up keeping it. I just hope I don't have to do this job on my other N55 anytime soon (2017 X4 M40i).
Appreciate 1
Upgrade+129.50