10-03-2018, 12:08 PM   #226
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
Now I know , and is there somewhere that I can see how many say 2012 or 2013 135i (or 135is) were shipped/sold in US with manual vs DCT? I had a heII of a hard time finding late model 135i cars on the used market in the last few months, especially convertible. I have yet to see a 2013 convertible with 6spd manual listed anywhere let alone a 135is convertible manual
Here is a list of 135is convertibles and Canadian M Sport Edition convertibles. It doesn't say if they're manual or DCT, but you can probably check any of the VINs on the list in a VIN decoder to see what transmission it has.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=329

I know of a member here who has a 135is convertible with a manual transmission, so they definitely exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberry View Post
I had the pleasure of test driving a white 135is convertible with DCT locally before I confirmed I wanted a 135i convertible to replace my 987 Boxster. Sadly it was overpriced for a used vehicle at a shady used car dealer and the vehicle was poorly maintained (lots of warning lights, throttle/turbo had some strange hesitations during acceleration). I also saw maybe 2 other 135is convertibles during my search in the last few months daily online, but no manual. I did love the IS steering wheel (not sure if it's standard) but it's shaped differently from the 135i I bought coming my way. I'd like to look into retrofitting that style wheel on my 135i.
The standard steering wheel on the 135is is the M steering wheel which is the same as the steering wheel on a 135i with the M Sport package. The steering wheel on the 135is you saw that was shaped differently was probably an aftermarket steering wheel.

here is a link to some steering wheels. Some specifically for the 1 series.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/c-steering-wheels-12

Here are a couple of pics. The first one is the M steering wheel for the 1 series. This is the wheel that comes on the Sport or M Sport package. The second one is the BMW Performance steering wheel, possibly the one you saw on the 135is convertible.
Attached Images