Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
I have a 2006 M3 in addition to my 1M. While the 1M doesn't have navi, the navi in the M3 is terrible. Outdated, the graphics are primitive and it barely works. In another 5 years the navi in the 1M will feel the same.
Well, I don't use the iDrive for the navi..... I use it for everything else. And it is so much better than scrolling through the radio and having one or two lines of info.

1. Song selection
2. Phone
3. Maintenance
4. everything else

And maybe it is just me, but the dash looks "weird" without it there. Long story short, navi shami, it is everything else that it just makes so much better with than without.

edit: and cars with it seem to fetch more $ for some reason
By saying navi I meant the whole system. Technology moves on. When they first come out every system is perceived as convenient and cutting edge. In ten years you'll be able to control your car with your phone and the car will mirror that display and blah blah blah. The system in the 1M will feel antiquated and old. They always do.
So it will feel old in 10 years? And that's a reason not to buy an use for the first 10? I'm not sure I'm following here
Appreciate 0