View Single Post
      12-11-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Congrats on the car!

You can certainly buy an owners manual set for a 1-Series of the same vintage off of ebay, probably for $50-$75, tops. There was an insert of some sort specific to the 1M, but in reality it is pretty useless, and there is a link at the top of this forum for manual downloads, so you could probably download that part if you wanted to.

My 135is Convertible, bought from Carmax with about 5500 miles on it 2 years ago, did not come with an owners manual, which similarly was taken/stolen by someone. Carmax reimbursed me the cost for a manual set off of ebay and it was less than $60, if I recall correctly. There were quite a few of them for sale at that time.

As to the extra key, you can pay a dealer to order/make one for you. Make sure to have them eliminate the memory of the key you don't have and to check that the car has been flashed with the update that makes stealing these cars through the OBD2 port less easy. The car should be programmed to accept only the keys that you personally have and no others.