View Single Post
      10-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #74
brakthru
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
You're one of the lucky ones. It depends on your software version. Several members here (e90post) with LSD have reported non-intrusive e-diff activity, and they're often the ones who have avoided software updates from the dealership.

Traction control always fully disengaged. I can hear and feel the brake pulses by the e-diff when throttle is added during extreme slip angles and slides. It manifests as a rough vibration through the chassis and is quite loud at times.

Good to know, 5% doesn't leave much room at all!

I really had high hopes the e-diff would stop intervening as brakthru reported. I used the same v41 DATEN files as he did... Anyway, I'll look at the data values and report back.
I know it's been a while since my last update. About a month after i thought i conquered the ediff/adb/traction control issue, the problem returned. At the time, I was experiencing misfire issues. After replacing plugs and coils, I decided to reset adaptions and variants. For some strange reason, my car reverted back to its previous state of traction control preventing the wheels from putting the requested power down. You can only imagine how I felt having brakes intervene again and power cuts at the limit with dsc completely off. The ecu will brake any wheel necessary front or back to keep the car going in the direction of your steering inputs. Ecu controlled brake pressure is seamless sometimes but, other times could be abrupt. Either way, the vehicle is slowed down.

I back tracked and redid everything. I reflashed DSC90 data file 6776067 in winkfp and recorded with ncsexpert. I used the v41 Daten files. I repeated this process over the months also using v54 files with no success. Be cautious when updating a module with winkfp. You don't want to brick an ecu like I did. Winkfp wasn't the problem. My laptop gave me an issue right in the middle of the flash. So, I have a new dsc unit installed.

I officially don't know how to stop traction control from braking a wheel or power cuts. It seems to me the brakes are already pretensioned even when just driving down the road ready to react to a possible loss of traction. I had new stock turbos installed which gives me some wheel spin from a 1st gear launch without a problem once 15 psi of boost kicks in at 3500 rpms. Thats only because i have a jb4 and mhd. No wheel spin on stock boost. The rear brakes still limit power with braking pressure while the wheels are spinning.

The good news is I have learned how to code a little more fun in the drive. On the MK60_87.COA module, it's COA_SDR_CTC or just CTC for cornering traction control. Theres only 2 values for this. Ncsexpert shows wert 01 data 00 selected by default. I decided to add custom data value 01 to see what happens. Well, it basically turns corner traction control off. Going around corners is a lot of fun now. It allows just enough drift before you break to much traction and get into trouble. Nice controlled drifts. The car will hold the drift with braking pressure. If you push the accelerater while in the corner or drift at the limit, the car will stop applying power until your back on a safe path. Everything is happening so fast, you don't really realize to a huge degree that power was gradually reduced to assist with getting out of the corner safely.

Although the computer will help you, be careful. Even the M2 has safety features while dsc is completely off. You can through that car into corners at over 100 MPH and the ecu controls the car perfectly. Letting you have fun and making you feel awesome. BMW has done this intentionally from my research. Safe and fun. CTC off gives a little more freedom with DSC on too.
Appreciate 0