View Single Post
      05-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
Future 135i Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 135i

Did you copy the music over from CD or from a flash drive/ipod?

if you copied it from a CD, were you driving at the time it was copying?
if so, it could be caused by the CD actually skipping while you were copying the files. It might not skip while it's playing from the CD, but could definitely be more sensitive when copying.

If you copied the music from a flash drive, there could have been a connection issue that cause just enough corruption in the file to cause the skipping, but not ruin the transfer.

I don't have my 1 yet, so I'm not 100% on how the iDrive works and am just taking a stab at it as I have a technical background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
Note for technical people: I know the stuff I said is not 100% technically correct, but I tried to make it understandable for the OP in case he is not tech savvy.
You're actually more technically correct than probably correct lol. What you suggested is very possible, but that would have to be one hell of a bump, or one screwed up hard drive (Also a real possibility).

Also, I'm not sure if BMW is using a solid state drive, which would be most ideal for the iDrive, but if they are, that would debunk the "skipping hard drive" idea.

I'll try to do some reading on the iDrive to see exactly what hardware it uses and whatnot.

in the mean time, have you tried recopying the music? If you have a lot of songs, just try copying just a few that are skipping now.