02-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

What shocks- 1M with H& springs

Hello,
I have a 1M with H&R springs and after about 20k miles on the stock shocks I feel that they are going. It wanders a little bit in high speed compressions and small bumps have little shock absorption, it feels the chassis is doing most of it instead of dampers.
So I'm looking for advice, do I get aftermarket shocks, if so which? With no research I'm thinking koni DA's. The other thought is just get used coilovers and sell the springs, it seems I can get used KW V3's for sub 2k all day in M3 fitment, are these springs to hard to be ideal? Input from anyone with experience with these springs or track guys?

Background: I have added lots of power to the car so would love a setup that adds traction at the back. It's my DD so nothing track only, but I don't mind a bit stiff, I track the car a couple of times a year and whatever chosen needs to have a meaningful improvement at the track.

A member was selling AST 4000's I believe, rear only, on here and I was thinking about picking those up and adding something else like koni DA's to the front but I also feel like I might just be better off with a matching set of shocks? I'm open to ideas, but having never had an adjustable suspension before, I'm a bit lost, help me make the right choices!

Last edited by SpencerMH; 02-10-2014 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Title had spelling error
Appreciate 0