View Single Post
      12-28-2016, 11:24 PM   #39
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
My car is a Oct 2010 build (2011 MY, N55) and doesn't seem to have any of these issues everyone complains about.

I was really concerned I'd hate it (after having done extensive research before hand) but really it is fine! Maybe you guys set my expectations so hilairously low that I thought it was the best thing ever once I got it?

It is not PERFECT - it behaves similar to how a M/T car would. As in - if you are slowing for the lights and almost at a complete stop but then the lights turn green and you step on the throttle, there will definitely be some hesitation there.

I can also feel the clutch engaging and then again when its fully out when I take off "slowly" from the lights. Just like a M/T car

Are you guys expecting torque converter like behaviour? Basically stand on the pedal and it accelerates gently no matter what? Ain't gonna get that with a clutch based drive train. Has anyone documented this DCT "delay" in a video? Or is these one of those "butt dyno" style things?

Also lastly, I'd like to try some of these "software updates" on my car but can it be rolled back if it goes to shit?
Sorry but a lot of what you're saying is absurd. So that you know, my last slush box transmissioned car was over 20 years ago. All cars since then until this one had been manual transmissions. Even my motorcycles. So I know full well how a manual behaves. And this lag we're complaining about is NOT normal behavior.

If you're getting a delay when you slow to a stop light and then hit the gas, it's because you didn't bother to downshift to the appropriate gear for the speed you're going.

As far as documenting this delay, I don't have the setup to do dual videos where I'm capturing the speedometer/forward view and what I'm doing with my right foot on the accelerator.
Appreciate 0