View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 04:40 PM   #20
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
The inner lip was cut off. The inner skin of the fender was also peeled back and cut an inch to make rolling easier. The 2 layers were then sealed back together. That is the "proper" way to do an aggressive pull. A simple roll of the inner lip doesn't gain you as much and you can't really pull double skinned fenders without cutting because of how strong they are.

I have 17x9 ET25 Front and 17x9 ET 23 Rear right now. That is with an aggressive pull. It does not rub but the point where the steel fenders meet the plastic bumps is a definitely a problem. Up front the bumper wore down a bit (not noticeable at all). In the rear, the roll really tapers there and the tab on the inside of the wheel well was ground down a bit to prevent rubbing there. It is definitely a commitment that can't really be reversed.
Okay, so to be clear - your rear fenders have been cut and re-welded to create more room? That would make sense to me how you can fit a 17x9 ET23 - otherwise there is just no way that is going to clear with a full range of motion. Just want to be clear as I am not 100% sure the OP gets that you are not talking about just pulling the fender, but rather cutting the inner layer, then pulling the outside to "flare", then re-welding...

-Mark