View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
bavarianstig
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
I'm glad I finally have good inputs on proper race seats from you guys. I can't believe there's very little data on what fits out cars. I was wondering what everyone used for track seats(OEM?). Got all the mods, car is fast, but can't stay in my seat on most 2nd gear turns.

Thanks Bavarianstig,
You are absolutely right, they were the EvoII. I guess at 6' and 180lbs, I should have bought the Evos to at least give them a try & get a good snug. At least now I know the regular sized Evos will fit. Which brackets did you ended up using to get them to fit?.

I just didn't want an unsafe fabrication(to get them in), which I thought of before getting rid of them.

Also when it comes to coding the seat, I had mine coded out and the airbag light was gone(but seat remained unplugged), but unfortunately I had to plug the seat back to get it motorized to where I could reach the bolts to try putting the Evo IIs in, and as soon as I plugged it back in, I was greeted with the "driver restrain malfunction" light. I want to be able to swap it back & forth. No easy solution here. Permanent replacement is what I will have to live with. I dont mind (Tired of drivefrom the center console, and head almost out of window on autocross. Just impossible).

Focusedintntions, excellent idea on the Racetechs as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Now time to go shopping again for seat.
I used the VAC billet mount floor adaptors, VAC side mounts, VAC anti-sub mounting bracket, and VAC lap belt mounting brackets. I also have the factory seat belt adaptors, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

Also for harnesses, I recommend Schroth Profi II 6pt harnesses (pull up lap belt, snap in).
Appreciate 0